Tuesday, April 19, 2005

most awesome

Tyra: This is a joke to you. You've been through anger management. You've been through your grandmother getting her lights turned off to buy you a swimsuit for your competition. And you go over there and you joke and you laugh. This is serious to these girls and this should be serious to you.
Tiffany: Looks can be deceiving. I'm hurt. I am. But, I can't change it, Tyra, I …
Janice: Yes you can.
Tyra: You can't change what?
Tiffany: I'm sick of crying about stuff that I cannot change. I'm sick of being disappointed. I'm sick of all of it. I'm not…
Tyra: You ain't sick of being disappointed, Tiffany. No, you're not. If you were sick of being disappointed, you would stand up and you would take control of your destiny. Do you know that you had a possibility to win? Do you know that all of America is rooting for you? Do you know that? And then you come in here and you treat this like a joke? You come in here and look at that and say "I can't read that"? You read ten times better than half of those girls over there!
Nigel and Nolé: You did, you did.
Tyra: And you come here with a defeatist attitude?
Tiffany: I don't have a bad attitude. Maybe I AM ANGRY INSIDE. I BEEN THROUGH STUFF, SO I'M ANGRY! [continues as Tyra begins]
Tyra: This is not…be quiet, Tiffany! BE QUIET! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? STOP IT!! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE YELLED AT A GIRL LIKE THIS! WHEN MY MOTHER YELLS LIKE THIS IT'S BECAUSE SHE LOVES ME! I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU! WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU! HOW DARE YOU! LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS! WHEN YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT YOU LAY THERE AND YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE NOBODY'S GOING TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU. YOU ROLLIN' YOUR EYES YOU ACT LIKE IT'S 'CAUSE YOU HEARD IT ALL BEFORE. YOU HEARD IT ALL BEFORE? YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL I COME FROM. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH. BUT I'M NOT A VICTIM. I GROW FROM IT AND I LEARN. Take responsibility for yourself. [Tiffany turns and exits.]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your screenplay is finally finished?

YAY!

6:09 PM  
Blogger not jentrification said...

dare to dream, john, dare to dream. that shit can't be written, that shit is all EMOTION.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home