Thursday, January 29, 2004

the little horse that could and my devotion to the academy

so i watched 'seabiscuit' last night. okay then. i'm pleased to report that i didn't actually pay any hard earned cash money for this one. i have no problem with jeff bridges, tobey maguire and/or chris cooper. hell, i LOVE william h. macy so it would seem that i'd walk away from this one with at least a half-smile. no can do! i guess i hate horses. but it's taken off of my oscar must-see list and from here on out, i have plenty more to see and some i'm pleased and looking forward to viewing, others make me want to chew my own face off. here's what's left:

monster (okay, i don't know, i'm not looking forward to this. not because i can't handle graphic material, but because i think that it'll be too much of something that i so am not into)
21 grams (pleased as punch)
lost in translation (mostly pleased)
cold mountain (i hate nic kidman so much, she eats babies; renee zellwegger needs to please, please, please open her eyes; jude law's strong cheekbones and ridiculous good looks are the saving grace)
mystic river (can't go wrong with kevin bacon)
the cooler (can't go wrong with billy macy)

if i "find time" i might try and rent finding nemo as it's one of my nephews' faves and it does seem to be, if nothing else, charming.

it's tough being me and having the academy breathing down your neck to make this happen. tough. but someone's gotta do it and that someone is me and a handful of my peeps. we'll all pull through and then who's gonna be not winning? not me. not me. as it is, i'm tapped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home